Want to see a scary movie? I just saw the scariest movie I have ever seen: Jesus Camp. It's a documentary about a christian camp. Seriously. Scary. (I don't just watch documentaries, honest. If you dont believe me, look at my flickview.)
And the chick that runs the camp says something (paraphrased) like "left wing liberals are going to be shaking in their boots when they see this." Well, I am by no means left wing or liberal, but I am shaking in my boots over it. Not for the reasons she talks about (their power) but for a vast virus of irrationality. There is nothing scarier than that.
A few tidbits that won't spoil it for you
- (Paraphrasing) "those people need to get off their fat lazy butts." (said by a chick that easily tops the scales at 275.)
- (paraphrasing) "who in here believes god can do anything?" (a mom grabs the hands of her kids and physically raises them herself)
- talk of the likelihood of demonic manefestations
- there are some military families that absolutely think Iraq is a holy war and meant to spread the word of jebus.
- preaching to a room full of kids under 10 about abortion. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't these the same kids that you don't want to have in sex education? If they can't learn about sex, what bidness do they have getting the abortion talk?
- (paraphrasing) "Its terrible, in Muslim countries they have little 5 and 7 year old kids being taught to blow themselves up and give their life for their cause. We need to do that here." Really? Wouldnt it be better to teach folks the folly of self destruction?
- ...and of course, what god movie is complete without Ted Haggard (who says he talks with our president once a week to give him advice) giving a speech on the damnation to hell for homosexuality. Classic.